ELECTRUM CLEANSE IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE CLEANSER IN ALL OF TATTOOING!! THE ONLY FDA APPROVED CLASS 1 MEDICAL DEVICE IN TATTOOING!!
Electrum Cleanse is ideal for before, during and after the tattoo process. Electrum Cleanse is electrolyzed water that is produced through a proprietary, patented electrochemical process which passes an electrical current through the water, thereby generating super-oxygenated water. This extremely potent antimicrobial solution is highly effective in cleansing, rinsing, and soothing tattooed skin. Electrum Cleanse is like the natural Hypochlorous Acid produced by the human body which assists the immune system in fighting off infections.
Electrum Cleanse is a clear hypotonic solution topically applied to skin and wound areas. The subject device is a wound management and cleansing solution that is intended for cleansing, irrigating, and debriding dermal wounds in addition to moistening and lubricating absorbent wound dressings (e.g. gauze, bandages). The mechanical action of fluid moving across the wound provides for the mechanism of action and aids in the removal of foreign objects such as dirt, ink and debris.
Electrum Cleanse contains the following ingredients: Ionized water (99.93%), Sodium chloride (0.048%), Hypochlorous acid (0.02%) and hypochlorite Ion (0.002%)
- Can be used as a cleanser, a rinse, and an aftercare solution - 1 product, multiple uses.
- Can be used to cut your black ink for grey wash (in your pigment caps).
- Contains no harsh substances. NO alcohol. NO stinging.
- Is non-toxic, non-irritating and non-allergenic.
- Is pH neutral & leaves skin residue-free.
- Helps to reduce swelling and redness, so the artist gets a more true visual aspect while tattooing.
- Can be used throughout the tattoo process, and as an aftercare, which allows for better color saturation and pigment retention.
- Can be applied to healthy skin, even around the: eyes, ears, mouth & nose.
- Is compatible with other commonly used tattooing products.
- Reduces client discomfort and irritation while being tattooed.
- Is FDA cleared.
- Is biodegradable, and environmentally safe. It does not require any special handling, or disposal.
- Technology that has been proven on over 100,000 tattoos by thousands of tattoo professionals during the last 5 years.
How to Properly Use Electrum Cleanse (PREP):
- Clean the skin using approved antiseptic prep.
- After Prep, evenly apply Electrum Cleanse onto a clean, disposable, lint-free paper towel or wipe. DO NOT DILUTE!
- The amount of Electrum Cleanse used is directly related with the size of the are being cleaned & rinsed. There is no "over-application" of the product.
- Apply Electrum Cleanse onto the skin in one consistent outward circular motion, beginning in the center of the area being cleaned & ending at least 2 inches further out from the area that will be tattooed. Try not to overlap areas while cleaning.
- Shave client using cleanser of choice. Using a single-use disposable razor, begin shaving from the top of the area to be tattooed to the bottom.
- Dispose of the razor directly into a regulated sharps container immediately upon completion of shaving.
- Evenly apply Electrum Cleanse onto a clean, disposable, lint-free paper towel or wipe. DO NOT DILUTE!
- Allow Electrum Cleanse to sit on the skin for 15 seconds undisturbed. Set the soaked towel on top of the skin (area).
How to Properly Use Electrum Cleanse (PROCEDURE):
- DO NOT DILUTE! Dilution will make the product ineffective!
- DO NOT USE WITH GREEN SOAP! Green Soap will neutralize the product!
- Electrum Cleanse can be used in lieu of distilled water throughout the tattoo procedure.
- You may add a drop of Dial liquid soap if desired for increased cleansing action of plasma and residual ink.
- Noticeably less redness/irritation to the skin throughout the procedure.
- Reduces the "sting" associated with tattooing.
- Less irritation = clients sit better, making artists work easier.
Avoid overexposure to sunlight and heat. Store at room temperature. Do not allow product to freeze.
SDS Available HERE
I use this cleanser during my microblading and shading sessions for brows. It’s fantastic for easing inflammation and cooling the skin down. It also works great for sunburns!
It took me a bit to fully appreciate this product. A While back I began doing all the research I could on HOCl. I am a wound care RN so the use of HOCl was interesting not only for tattooing but medically as well. Study after study has only reaffirmed that this definitely has a place in topical wound care, and for myself also a very beneficial and effective wash for tattooing. So what is HOCl also called electrolyzed water? According to the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. 2018 Nov; 11(11): 36–39, hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is a naturally occurring molecule that is a component of the human innate immune response(meaning your body makes it's own), is recognized as a major active component of bleach and demonstrates antimicrobial properties supported by both in-vitro and in-vivo studies. One important function of HOCl in host immunity is its release by neutrophils to destroy pathogenic organisms. Over time, a variety of anti-inflammatory and other biologic properties of HOCl have led to applications for wound healing, pruritus, and diabetic ulcers, as well as applications for the management of some inflammatory skin disorders, such as seborrheic dermatitis and atopic dermatitis. What has also come to light is that the physiochemical properties of HOCl and its impact after application to skin are highly dependent on both pH and formulation stability. The use of HOCl in the clinical setting is supported by a substantial body of research, which has led to the use of a core formulation—available in ready-to-use, approved topical vehicles —that is stable for up to two years, noncytotoxic, and, importantly, pH-neutralized to augment therapeutic activity, skin tolerability, and stability. HOCl, as it turns out, is one of the most potent antimicrobials known to exist. It will kill anything from common contaminants such as S. aureus [including MRSA], S. pyogenes, Klebsiella spp, P. aeruginosa, Enterobacter spp, Proteus mirablis, C. difficile spores, and Candida albicans. Along with antibacterial and antifungal effects HOCl is also a potent antiviral, even highly effective against Covid-19. Another amazing attribute is it's ability to permeate and destroy biofilm. Biofilms can include multiple microorganisms that grow onto a surface and cover themselves in an extracellular matrix. This makes them very resilient. So much so that biofilm can even survive our gold standard sterilization using an autoclave.
Using this with towel tabs is probably the best thing I’ve ever used to keep a tattoo clean during the process. Eliminates skin irritation, the tabs are super absorbent, and the cleanse cleans effectively. Haven’t tried to use it to make washes yet but I look forward to it!
As a sanctioned traditional tebori practitioner, we traditionally use water to make and cut our sumi (traditional ink). As a person who also has strong interest in scientific understanding of the craft, I have a been a fan of hypochlorous acid for a while now. I decided to give this product a shot because of the active ingredients. I use this instead of water to make and cut my sumi, as well as clean the skin/wound as I work. The difference is immediately noticeable: Smoother gradations, less irritation and redness of the skin. I highly recommend this product for all tattoo practices
The Cleanse is perfect for my everyday use on my PMU clients! It helps to reduce redness & swelling. I like to cut my ink with it when shading as well! I send every client home with a bottle for their aftercare. It’s a great little add-on sale & allows them to cut their healing time by about 4 days + amazing color retention. Love, love, love this product!!
I use this as part of my Piercing set up. Electrum is my initial skin surface cleanser and used to clean up around my Piercing after the procedure. Clients like the feel and comfort of this product. I have used similar products for years and this is now my Go To Product. My only complaint is that it does not have a separate labeling for us Professional Piercers or an equal mention on the label either. Hopefully my positive comment and my continued support will influence CHANGE!! >Meatloaf<
I have use this product on various locations on the body including but not limited to soft skin areas like knee and arm ditches. Not only did it replace Bactine to keep the redness down but it also replaced distilled water and glide lubricant for the tattoo process. If you’re not using this product if you probably don’t give a shit about your clients.